Friday, September 16, 2016

Is this the start of a New Paradigm ?

The launch of Umbra 1.0 last week has gained a lot of attention from investors and speculators alike and some people are starting to take notice the ground breaking work that the developers have done with this release.

Now for the first time you can communicate, form groups and make payments, all done anonymously and all in the one app. This I believe is a world first as we have never before been able to form anonymous trade groups on a decentralized platform with anonymous payments.


As you can see, the basis for the market is already there with the ability to post pictures and chat in groups. These are screenshots on my first test of the group chat feature last night. And I have to say it was impressive, and I am not just saying that because I am a fan of the Project.

It was fast and responsive and worked flawlessly but there were a couple of issues. The first is it wasn’t really user friendly to set up or join groups and the second problem I found was that when very large pictures are posted it seems to mess with the scrolling a bit. But these are minor issues that I am sure will be resolved shortly.


The value of SDC which is the currency that Umbra uses for payments has also risen sharply in response to release and went from around 30 cents to $2.50 and is now trading at around $1.50 and and looks like it has every chance of surpassing or at least matching (price wise) the leading anon coin Monero ($15).
The developers have promised a marketplace soon and by judging from my test run last night I believe them.

Never before has the world had a truly anonymous decentralized marketplace and it certainly could create some big waves in private commerce. It’s open to anyone to use and it cant be shut down by LE.

A new paradigm? Yes I believe so.


No comments:

Post a Comment